- Day 1: Hanoi to NghiaLo.
- Day 2: NghiaLo to MuCangChai.
- Day 3: MuCangChai to ThanUyen.
- Day 4: ThanUyen to SaPa.
- Day 5: Sapa to HaGiang.
- Day 6: HaGiang to QuanBa.
- Day 7: QuanBa to YenMinh.
- Day 8: YenMinh to DongVan.
- Day 9: Dong Van to MeoVac.
- Day 10: MeoVac to BaoLac.
- Day 11: Bao Lac to BaBe national park.
- Day 12: BaBe to Hanoi.
- Distance of biking: Around 800 Km. (full time van support)
- Difficulty: Moderate to challenge. Pls. contact us for all GPS Garmin details.
- Road condition: 90% paved road, 10% dirt road.
- Features: Remote area, boat & bike through National park, waterfalls, primitive tribe villages. Colorful Saturday, Sunday market.
- When to ride: September to Mid December, March to end of June. Trips in 2016 will start on 18.Mar and 15 Sep.
Hanoi – Nghia Lo (Lunch, dinner)
In the morning, we transfer 2 hours to Thanh Son, then start cycling up the mountain to BaKhe, lunch break. Late afternoon we bike to Nghia Lo. O/N Nghia Lo hotel
Nghia Lo to Mu Cang Chai (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
First easy stage in the morning, we ride up north, passing some villages on the road side. TuLe valley has immense rice fields, nice place for lunch stop. In the afternoon we have a challenge climb up to KhauPha pass…, then down hill to a beautiful area of Mu Cang Chai rice terraces. Overnight at SuoiMo hotel.
Mu Cang Chai to Than Uyen (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Morning walk around local market of the Hmong community. This is easy day with rolling up and down hill only 50km to ThanUyen. O/N in Hoang Quan guesthouse.
Than Uyen to SaPa (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
MuCangChai to HaGiang limestone Karst, we will conquer the highest mountain pass in Vietnam, so we will break the trip one night in Sapa, famous hill station back in the 1920 during French colonial time.
After breakfast, we have about 10km warm up ride along the valley, then we have rolling hills to TanUyen and BinhLu. Then the challenge start with TramTon pass, climb up 27km to the highest pass in Vietnam at level of 2,050m above the sea level. Then we have descending 15km to Sapa town. O/N Sunny mountain hotel.
SaPa to HaGiang. (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Nice mountain scenery with village of the Hmong and Dzao people. We have fun down hill 35km to LaoCai, then transfer to PhoRang for a small road. This is a nice military old road 279 to TanQuang, almost flat road with one hill. On arrival in BacQuang, our van will pick us up for transfer to HaGiang. O/N Huy Hoang hotel.
HaGiang to QuanBa (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
This is the challenge day climbing up to heaven gates of the Hmong people (elve. +1,100m). Beautiful view at summit of QuanBa heaven gate, and nice road along river Nhiem. O/N in QuanBa.
QuanBa to YenMinh (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
This is a difficult day again, but short climb up about 14km to summit +960m, enter the DongVan Karst plateau Geopark. Then going down hill to YenMinh. O/N at YenMinh guesthouse.
YenMinh to DongVan (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Nice day going through the mountain with a stop at Xaphin to visit House of Hmong’s King. Late pm we promenade around this small town. More info about DongVan plateau geopark. O/N at Rocky plateau hotel.
Dong Van to MeoVac (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Beautiful view of Ma pi leng pass. This is an interesting site of Geopark with the NhoQue river deep down the hill. Also nice Hmong village on your way down to MeoVac town. O/N HoaCuong hotel.
MeoVac to NiemSon and BaoLac (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
There are also nice scenery of the Karst today. We have only short climb up outdside MeoVac, then we have long day down to Niem Son and on to BaoLac. Beautiful view of Gam river from Lybon bridge to BaoLac. O/N SongGam guesthouse.
BaoLac to BaBe national park. (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
There is a long day heading south to BaBe lake today. Our van will help transfer to mountain summit, then we start our ride on new paved road, some part on dirt road. In the afternoon we take two boat trips to BaBe national park. O/N BaBe national park guesthouse.
BaBe to ThaiNguyen to Hanoi. (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
The scenery is continue today. We bike to BaBe lake and cross over Peleng stream to Pacngoi village. Nice scenery of limestone mountain from this area to ChoDon. We keep on cycling to reach BacKan town and start to pack up our bikes, refresh for luch break. Then we drive the rest of the way to Hanoi. Farewell dinner in Hanoi. O/N hotel in Hanoi.
Taking the long road through the north-west travelers enter a remote land of mountains and colorful tribes people whose songs of love ring out about the din of the weekend market. The northwest loop is a fantastic route for cyclist. Save your 12 days for over 800km cycling from NghiaLo to TuLe valley, from the stunning view of rice terraces MuCangChai to HaGiang limestone Karst: QuanBa, DongVan, Meo Vac, BaBe national park etc…. this is the best cycling route in Vietnam so far. A shorter trip would be one week from Hanoi to MuCangChai and on to DienBienPhu, then flight back to Hanoi or keep on cycling adventure to Laos via TayTrang border crossing.
- $US 1,900/pax (double occupancy)
- $US 1,700/pax (triple occupancy)
- $US 1,325/pax (4 to 7 person occupancy)
- Single Supplement : $US 250
- All entrance fees, travel permit in HaGiang.
- Accommodation: Standard hotel & Guesthouse / twin share.
- Meals: Full board: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner with local Vietnamese food.
- Transportation: A/c bus or minivan support with cool drinking water.
- Hybrid bicycle or Mountain bike.
- Guide: Experienced cycling tour guide.
- Insurance, personal expenses.