Coc Ly a is a medium sized minority peoples market where every Tuesday the tribes from the surrounding villages come to buy and sell goods and meet friends. You will find Flower H'mong (Red H'mong), Black Dao, Nung, Dzay and Tay peoples in attendance and the goods on offer range from local fruit and vegetables to livestock, handicrafts and clothes.
Hanoi Departure (Night train)
- Our tour will be started at 20.45 at the lobby of the hotel. Our guide will pick you up and transfer to the Hanoi Railway station for the night train to Sapa.
- Overnight on the train with soft sleeper berth and air-conditioned.
Lao Cai - Coc Ly Market (Tuesday) - Boat trip - Sapa (B/L/D)
To day's activities: Sapa walking (2,5 hour driving, 1 hour with boat trip, 1,5 – 2 hour walking around Market)
Sinhcafe Travel's tour guide and driver will meet you at Lao Cai train station in the early morning, freshening up and enjoy breakfast at the local restaurant nearby. Then you will travel about an hour via rich farmland with lush fruit garden and tea farms, turn left to the tough road for 20km, passing some canyons, mountain passes and villages to Coc Ly Market. It is a rural market on every Tuesday.
About 50km east from Lao Cai, the market lies on the bank of Chay River, surrounded by steep mountains covered with fabulous forest. To go to the market, minority people such as: Flower Hmong, Tay, Nung… from remote villages have to wake up early to walk up and downhill for hours. You can spend few hours joining the locals at the market for your own experience.
After that, you will board a sampan and follow the Chay River downstream for a discovery of wild nature and minority lifestyle in this “off beaten” track region. A long the river, we will stop to have a short walk about 1 hour to visit Trung Do village which is the home to Tay tribe before traveling by boat to the end of river to meet our driver and transfer to Sapa. You stay overnight at the hotel in Sapa.
Sapa – Y Linh Ho - Lao Chai - Ta Van – Lao Cai (B/L/D)
Today's activities: Sapa trekking (12km trekking, 4-5 hour trekking)
After have breakfast at the hotel, we leave the hotel and start trekking. The first part is on the road but we soon turn to the right and walk on a small path down the valley to the Muong Hoa River and from here to the Black H’mong village Lao Chai. Black H’mong is one of the biggest minority groups in the Sapa area.
They are proud of their culture and keep their traditions and way of living. They have their own language and wear traditional indigio blue clothing. After this you continue to Ta Van village (1.200 m) to visit Zay people. Zay is a fairly small minority group of about 38.000 people who live mainly in the mountains in Northwest Vietnam.
The development has meant that some of their old customs have been lost but many women still wear traditional shirts with a purple, blue or green color. The Zay houses are build of wood and bamboo with a clay floor.
- We return by car to Sapa in the afternoon, you can have shower at the hotel before being transferred to Lao cai to catch the night train to Hanoi.
Upon arrival in Hanoi very early in the morning. Then, our team will pick you up and take you to your hotel. End of service.
• All meals on the tour (2 breakfasts, 2 luches, 2 dinners)
• English speaking guide
• Entranced fees and permission
• Accommodation at 3* hotel in Sapa
• Train tickets two way Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi (soft sleeper with air-conditioning cabin of 04 berth)
. Boat trip
• Transport by private car or minibus as tour program in Hanoi and Sapa
• Personal travel insurance (compulsory)
• Personal expenses: Bar, telephone and laundry bills..ect),tips
. Single supplement extra 15usd
What to take:
Pack essentials, including light comfortable clothes suitable for outdoor activities, hiking shoes and small day pack.
It is essential to bring your passort on this trip. We also recommend packing: personal articles, insect repellent, sun cream, raincoat, sun hat,…
- Child from 0 – under 3 years old (sharing with 02 adults without extra bed): FOC
- Child from 3 – under 5 years old (sharing with 02 adults without extra bed): 50% of adult fare
- Child from 5 – under 7 years old (sharing with 02 adults with extra bed): 75% of adult fare
- Child from 7 – under 11 years old (sharing with 01 adult): 90% of adult fare
- Children from 11 years old (sharing with 01 adult): 100% of adult fare
- Please be informed that the quotation does not imply or constitute availability.
- From 2 days trip: In case if the hotel listed is unavailable, other similar class hotel shall be provided.
- From 2 days trip: Compulsory Gala Dinner may be applied during Christmas Eve and New Year Eve.
- All cancellation must be made in writing
- Any cancellation at 30 Days prior to arrival date: No charge
- Any cancellation between 29Days – 15 Days prior to arrival date: 50% of tour fare charge
- Any cancellation between 14Days – 3 Days prior to arrival date: 75% of tour fare charge
- Any cancellation less than 3 Days : 100% of tour fare charge
- As mentioned on particular booking and depends on each period