Our itinerary includes easy walks, hikes, kayaks and bicycles with:
- a 7-12 km hike on Day 3.
- a 12-15 km walk on Day 4.
- a 6-8 km bicycle ride.
- a 2-4 km walk on Day 5.
Our experienced and friendly Tour Guides speak excellent English.
They are extremely knowledgeable about local cultures, history and the environment.
- hotels (3 nights).
- homestay (1 night).
- overnight junk (1 night).
- overnight trains (2 nights).
Comfortable and clean trains with soft berths.
We choose local ingredients, typical of the way people eat in the area, at local restaurants, markets or homes.
We also cater for Vegetarians but please request this at time of booking.
What to take:
Upon our arrival we have a pick-up. This is followed by our short transfer to our hotel in the Old Quarter. The rest of our time is spent wandering around the Old Quarter and its surroundings. Over night at hotel in Ha Noi
Hanoi city - Lao Cai (B/L)
Let's get a feel for this lovely country we are in, starting the day with a little sightseeing around Hanoi. The complex dedicated to Vietnam's hero Ho Chi Minh, honoured for his role in liberating Vietnam from colonial rule is where we start.
This gives us some insights into Vietnam's recent history. The Ethnology Museum then we whet our appetite for some of the costume and textile traditions we see on our journey.
Lunch is at one of local restaurants then onto the Temple Of Literature. Founded in 1070, this beautiful temple was Vietnam's first University. Let us share dinner together tonight overlooking the city and celebrate our first day on tour.
In the evening we board our sleeper train to Lao Cai.
Lao Cai - Sapa - Cat Cat Village (B/L/D)
Upon our arrival in Lao Cai railway station in the early morning, we drive to Sapa town, which is 35 km away by car. We relax in the township and set off to explore its neighbourhood, the villages of Sa Seng and Hau Thao await.
Here, villagers are the Black H’mong and Giay who speak their own languages, terraced fields fill the hilly cultivated land. The Sa Seng and Hau Thao trails are narrow trails winding through small villages and open rice terraces.
We return to Sapa for an overnight in a comfortable hotel.
Lao Chai - Ta Van - Lao Cai (B/L/D)
Sin Chai is situated in a region of breathtaking beauty. We spend whole day hiking through sculpted rice terraces. We head around the rolling farmlands and past several villages of Black Hmong people.
Here, we learn about the intrigue of tribal life. In the late afternoon we board our vehicle and drive to Lao Cai railway station for a night train back to Hanoi, arriving there at about 5.00 the following day.
Hanoi - Ninh Binh - Bai Dinh - Trang An (L)
Leaving Hanoi we head out into the countryside to the very picturesque area around Trang An.
Trang An is famed for its magnificent limestone mountains. After our leisurely bicycle ride we take a beautiful day walk into twisted rock formations and nearby villages.
Having time for some peaceful boating on the river and a visit to the family home and farm of local people is a beautiful way to spend an afternoon.
At night we retire to a local family for an overnight stay.
Trang An - Tuan Chau - Halong - Titop Island (B/L/D)
Departing from Trang An we journey to Ha Long City. We follow its fertile road through flatlands of the Delta flanked by green carpets of rice paddies.
We then head north to Ha Long City. Here, we embark on a junk trip which navigates through some of the spectacular limestone peaks of Ha Long Bay – time to relax and appreciate the sublime beauty of the bay, while enjoying lunch on the boat.
After we visit one of the most magnificent caves of Sung Sot, the junk anchors at Hang Trong for an overnight stay.
Halong - Hanoi (B/ L)
We continue exploring some of the Bay’s truly awesome scenery vertical and unusual rocks and islets emerge from the sea.
There is so much to see and something to do here, from exploring a cave, paddling our kayaks around or visiting some Floating Fishing villages, before we journey back to Hanoi, arriving there at about 17.00. (Breakfast and lunch are included).
Hanoi Departure (B)
We can depart at any time today. (Breakfast is included).
- Pack essentials for a few days away from Hanoi, including light comfortable clothes suitable for outdoor activities, jacket for evenings.
- It is essential to bring your passport on this trip. Take a small day pack for walking and hiking.
- We also recommend packing: comfortable walking shoes, raincoat, sun hat, insect repellent and torch.
Tour price includes:
(USD/ per person)
(USD/ per person)
- Accommodation (2 person sharing twin/ double bed room)
- Private car/ Shutle bus as program
- English speaking guide
- Meals listed on the itinerary (B,L,D = Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Admission fees.
- Permits where applicable.
- Halong Bay cruise
- Train ticket to Lao Cai (round-trip)
- Boat trip in Trang An
- Bike trip
- Airport Service
Tour price excludes:
- Travel insurance
- Drinks (soft drinks, alcohol and bottled water).
- Other personal expenses.
- Child from 0 – under 3 years old (sharing with 02 adults without extra bed): FOC
- Child from 3 – under 5 years old (sharing with 02 adults without extra bed): 50% of adult fare
- Child from 5 – under 7 years old (sharing with 02 adults with extra bed): 75% of adult fare
- Child from 7 – under 11 years old (sharing with 01 adult): 90% of adult fare
- Children from 11 years old (sharing with 01 adult): 100% of adult fare
- Please be informed that the quotation does not imply or constitute availability.
- In case if the hotel listed is unavailable, other similar class hotel shall be provided.
- Compulsory Gala Dinner may be applied during Christmas Eve and New Year Eve.
- All cancellation must be made in writing
- Any cancellation at 30 Days prior to arrival date: No charge
- Any cancellation between 29Days – 15 Days prior to arrival date: 50% of tour fare charge
- Any cancellation between 14Days – 3 Days prior to arrival date: 75% of tour fare charge
- Any cancellation less than 3 Days : 100% of tour fare charge
- As mentioned on particular booking and depends on each period